Redecorating my bedroom…
I have the same bedroom style for years now and I just realized that I am getting tired of coming home to my nondescript and very ordinary bedroom. I decided to give my old room a new look! I did some thorough research on different ways on how I can make it more updated without spending too much with the redecorating of my own sanctuary. Here are some ideas and tips on how we can make our slumber zone dreamy:
- I started to gather all my old and new pillows and I pile them combining all different patterns and sizes. I mix small prints with the large ones, geometric with floral.
- I have a bit issue with my big blank wall in my room and cash to buy a decent painting to cover the blank wall. Good thing I browsed the internet about redecorating rooms for less and I saw one that used a graphic quilt to cover the wall. It amazed me so I immediately looked in my drawers and luckily for me, I saw one that has a graphic design that perfectly matches my linens. You may use any quilt you have in your house; however, make sure that the size and pattern complements well with your linens.
- I am fond of putting the perfect ambiance in my room so I love using lamps to lighten the whole room. I chose to buy adjustable lamps and nightstands that can be affixed to walls so that it will not eat up too much space in my small room.
- Our room says everything about our personality; so for me, I used all my own collections and memorabilia as decorations in my room. Make sure to choose the perfect spot to put all those things and arrange it nicely so as it will not look cluttered stuff.
- I made sure that the fanciful curves and colours of my headboard complement the decorations on my wall.
- A perfect bed cover is made up of ultra-soft eiderdown, which made me chose a down comforter to cover my bed and for snuggling.
- I put my comfortable reading chair in a corner near the window, which is meant for my instant reading and resting spot. I bought ready-made curtains made up of lush silk to enhance the mood and to control the light that enters my room. These kind of curtains have countless designs, materials and colours to choose from so I did not have a hard time finding what fits my room. In addition, this kind of curtain is cheaper compared to custom-made curtains.
I consider my bedroom as my sanctuary and my retreat for peaceful studying, reading, writing and especially resting. I love redecorating my room to update its look without hurting my wallet. More or less, by reading this post, you will have an idea on how modern and updated my room is. You do not have to spend too much money to be able to stay updated and classy. Try my tips above and I can assure you that you can achieve the perfect look you have been dreaming of.
Spontaneously got a rose donut with my Starbucks Cappuccino today!!! This was a huge win because not only is the cabinet food at Starbucks generally a no-go zone for me (this is only the second cabinet item I eat all year) but I had if with a milky drink, which I normally consider to be excessive… But that is ridiculous. It is not excessive for anyone to have a coffee with their cake, and especially not for someone recovering from an ED.
I am trying to take these results as a sign that I need to move on from my old life of self-hate & control. With these scores, I have the possibility to do whatever I want, at least on paper . Not everyone is that fortunate. It is my responsibility to take advantage of that. To stop surviving & start living. I know I have a hella way to go. But anything is better than (a) dying or (b) living out my years as a functioning anorexic, existing but not truly living.
I have to fight. And that I will. I will be free.
The past and future.
You have the power. Also Happy Birthday Dalai Lama.